Monday, January 21, 2019

Genealogy Fun

Janice Sellers, who writes the blog Ancestral Discoveries, passed on a genealogy challenge this weekend. It was to show an unbroken line of ancestors and descendants for whom you have photographs.
This weekend, I attended the Bat Mitzvah of a cousin who is at the newest end of such a line so I thought I'd post my response that way.

Lena Tepper
 First is Lena Tepper.  I don't know her maiden name.  I have found several of her children's marriage certificates, but each has a different maiden name for her.  She was born in about 1857,  probably in the town of Mirapol in what is now Ukraine.  This photo was taken in Philadelphia in about 1930.

Cherna (Jennie) Tepper Grosser
 Lena's oldest child, Jennie Tepper Grosser was born about 1880, also in Miropol (now called Myropil).  This photo was taken in Philadelphia in about 1944.

Albert J. Grosser
Jennie's son Al was born in 1904, in Philadelphia, PA.  This was taken in 1969 at his parent's 73rd wedding anniversary party.

Al's son was born in Philadelphia in 1937. I'm guessing that this was taken in about 1960 in Philadelphia.

Proud Father of the Bat Mitzvah girl







Latest Bat Mitzvah and sixth generation of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment